Driving stick shift is a principle used in manual transmission vehicles and basically, what it means is that the driver has full control over the gears.
The 5 advantages to driving stick shift that make it the best choice are as outlined below
1. Better Fuel Efficiency- With the proper driving style, driving stick shift boosts fuel efficiency while at the same time giving better gas mileage depending on the condition of the roads.
2. Better Car Security- Driving stick shift reduces the risk of getting vehicles stolen as most people don’t know how to operate manual transmission vehicles.
3. Low Maintenance Cost- Manual transmissions are able to go for several miles without breaking down and therefore, repairs may not be necessary besides the fact that the materials used for repairs are easily accessible and more affordable.
4. Better Concentration on Roads- Driving stick shift forces the driver to pay attention on the road reducing the risk of accidents or even worse tragedies.
5. Convenience- If the car battery is dead and there is no auto shop nearby, a driving stick shift can jump-start without it by simply giving the car a rolling start.